Looking for a unique one-of-a kind experience? How about watching beautiful Arabian horses competing in a variety events? Or maybe you’d rather take a behind the scenes barn tour? The Scottsdale “All Arabian Horse Show” is one of the top equine events in the country, sporting most of the top Arabian horses. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Here are 10 reasons this should be on your must-do list this week!
- Visit Beautiful Westworld of Scottsdale. Westworld is located at the base of the Mcdowell Mountains and occupies 386 acres of desert scenery. The horses, riding arenas, and barns makes you feel like you stepped into an old western movie. This unique and beautiful venue is located at 16601 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85260.
- Watch Horses Compete in the International Halter Classic. You’ll be able to watch horses compete in several categories including: Classic Straight Egyptian Heritage, Arabian Breeders Club, Signature Stallion Championship Classic, and Signature Stallion Auction Championship.
- Shop. The shopping expo caters over 300 booths that include trade booths, international food courts, and demonstration areas. There are unique assortments of jewelry, art, clothing and horse show apparel.
- Take a Behind the Scenes Barn Tour. The tour lasts about an hour and provides an opportunity to learn about the show’s history, what’s required to compete, and meet some of the competitors and their owners.
- Meet an Arabian Horse. This is something special for children and young adults; the chance to sit on an Arabian horse that are dressed in their native costumes and have their photographs taken. This event is free with admission to the grounds.
- Consume Food and Drink.Come dine with an assortment of food vendors who serve up everything from gourmet crepes to grilled salmon in the International Cuisine Court.
- Take a Pony Ride. Take your family on a visit to Freckle Farm, and enjoy a beautiful pony ride.
- Visit the Petting Zoo. Stop by the petting zoo and visit the wonderful animals. There will be a range of animals from chickens, turkeys, alpacas, goats, and a pot belly big.
- Paint a Pony. Kids will go wild painting ceramic ponies. Paints, Brushes, and expert assistance will be provided.
- Looking to Buy a Horse. Learn the ins and outs of what to look for in horse – Dr. Laura Harris is an ambulatory equine veterinarian based in north Scottsdale. She has worked in the Phoenix /Scottsdale area since 1984 and provides service to a broad spectrum of horse enthusiasts. Utilizing the newest technologies, she is able to bring digital X-ray and ultrasound, shockwave, thermography and pulsed energy therapy to the horse. Dr. Harris and her husband, Glenn Shearer, enjoy their Arabian horses; many of whom Glenn presents in the halter ring.